Above the slides of a talk I gave today. The topic was ‘future trends on education‘, rather than technologies the idea was to focus on other time-tested dimensions which are relevant for the education. The plan was also to adress some of the drawbacks and pitfalls identified on MOOCs and other recent trends in online education.
Ironically, this talk was given in the first MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) organized by the the University of València (more information in Spanish). So, I have to say the experience was 2x more interesting.
Here some of the sources used in the presentation:
- The top 10 emerging technologies for 2013 – the World Economic Forum.
- NMC Horizon Report :: 2013 Higher Education Edition [Video]
- The Future of Higher Education – Pew Internet
- Reflections on the Transition from Elite to Mass to Universal Access. By Martin Trow (1973) (updated in 2005)
- Daphne Koller (Coursera).
- American Council on Education to Evaluate Credit Equivalency for Coursera’s Online Courses.
- The Virtual High School in 1999 [Video]
- Open University- Facts.
- McKinsey – “Education to Employment: Designing a System that Works”.
- The Flipped Classroom: Turning the Traditional Classroom.
- NESTA Learning: from experts, w/others, Making, Exploring, Inquiring, Practising, from assessment & across settings pdf.